We’re really honoured to have been nominated by fellow bloggers A Matter of Life or Debt for the Liebster Award – an award given by bloggers to help discover new and upcoming blogs! Thank you Mike and Elisabeth. It’s a great way to research new blogs in our niche and start building a blogger network. Here are the rules of the Award:
- Only blogs with less than 200 Twitter followers can be nominated
- Must pass on the award in the same blog category
- Recipients must post 11 random facts about self (selves?)
- Post answers to the questions asked by blogger who bestowed award
- Create own list of 11 questions for your nominees
- Nominate 5 bloggers (not including the one who nominated you) and notify via comment
So with this in mind, here are 11 random facts about A Disease called Debt!
- He likes cooking, I hate cooking.
- I like cleaning, he hates cleaning.
- Our favourite films are: Me: The Matrix and Twilight, Him: Anything James Bond.
- We met 13 years ago and have been married for three years.
- Each year on our wedding anniversary, we make each other an anniversary gift rather than buying it.
- Our favourite holiday was to Thailand and we really want to travel America one day.
- I was named after an actress and he was named after a racing driver.
- My best skill is organising, his best skill is finding out how things work and then either making it or fixing it.
- My secret passion is to write a book, his secret passion is to read one.
- We both hate mushrooms.
- We’ve been in debt since we met and are determined to break free of it one day – we’re curious about what life will be like when we do!
And here’s the questions from A Matter of Life or Debt and our combined answers!
- What chore do you despise doing? Ironing! We both hate it, to the point where we hang out clothes in the shower to avoid too many creases. We hardly ever get the iron out.
- What would you do if you were omnipotent for a day? Read minds.
- If you were invisible, where would you go? Me: NASA, Him: The Whitehouse
- What word describes you best? Me – worrier, Him – easygoing.
- What is your mission? To become debt free and financially secure, live life and find work doing something we’re passionate about.
- Do you have a collection? Tell us about it. Me – I have a collection of beads for jewellery making but I just add to them and look through them from time to time! Him – a collection of Hard Rock Cafe glasses from various cities he’s visited.
- What is art? Something that makes you think and wonder.
- What are the first 3 songs that play on “random” or “shuffle” on your music device? Me: Tainted Love by Soft Cell, Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys and Who’s Lovin’ You by Jackson 5 – Him – Swarfiga by Kasabian, Brick by Ben Folds Five and Mansard Roof by Vampire Weekend.
- You have to give a 10 min. speech at the local high school. You pick the topic: We both hate public speaking but would do it if our lives depended on it…… cats.
- What is your favorite quote? “You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.” Albert Camus.
- Who, if anyone, do you live with? Our little family consists of me, the Hubby, our wonderful Daughter and our Dog!
We’ve scoured the internet for blogs that we like, there are so many; here’s just a few of them. Drum roll please…. these are our nominees:
Are Ya Gonna Eat That? – Anna has paid off around half her debt since January!
Red Debted Stepchild – Erin’s straight-talking blog makes an interesting read!
Slowly But Surely – Katie’s debt story and her ongoing progress in paying it back.
Simple Finance Blog – Tips on how to save money on everyday things.
Buzzing Finance – Tips for making extra money, saving money, budgeting and more!
Lastly, these are our questions for our nominees:
- What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
- Where were you 5 hours ago?
- What is your life’s ambition?
- What is the worst injury you’ve ever had?
- If you could see into the future, what would it be like?
- If you could be someone from the past, who would it be?
- What is your favourite joke?
- What’s in your refrigerator right now?
- What makes you happy?
- What is your favourite book?
- What are you most proud of achieving?
Looking forward to reading more from these blogs and their answers to the questions!