Happy Friday! How’s your week been so far? Mine has been really good although really busy. I’ve not had a great deal of time to dedicate to the blog this week as I’ve been busy working on a new eBook as mentioned in my post on Wednesday.
I hope to be able to share it with you all within the next few weeks. I’ve also been busy saving every penny and desperately trying to make extra money to pay towards our debts and I’ll share with you how that’s all going in my next debt repayment post.
This week, I had some cheerful news delivered to my inbox from Ash over at Sterling Effort to let me know I’ve moved up in the ranking system he’s created for the Top UK Personal Finance Blogs!
I’m now ranking number 6, which I am totally chuffed to bits about. I see that a few blogs have been deleted from there, which is probably why I’ve moved up, but hey, I’ll take it! In addition, Disease Called Debt was recently featured as a Top Money Saving Resource by Scratch Wireless.
In case I haven’t said this enough since I started out blogging, thank YOU for reading this blog, I really appreciate the fact that you spend time out of your day to read what I’ve written and I hope that in some way I inspire you or give you food for thought. YOU make a real difference to this blog, so please continue to read and comment or send me emails!
The Versatile Blogger Award
Thank you very much to Brandy at Busted Budget for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award! From what I can gather, this award is simply in place to spread the love for fellow bloggers. I’m going to tell you 7 little known facts about me and then I’m going to nominate 7 of my favourite bloggers who regularly add something special to my day by posting on their brilliant blogs.
So here goes:
- I like working alone. I really believe I’m not made for the corporate world! I like being my own boss, managing my own workload and telling myself what to do! I take absolute pride in my work, whatever I’m doing.
- I’m awake a lot during the night (and therefore tired most of the time during the day). I only sleep for a couple of hours at a time before waking up. I wish I could sleep more but my brain whirrs into action around 2am until 4am thinking about pointless things that could really wait until the morning.
- I’d much rather live in the countryside than by the sea or in a city. I enjoy greenery and nature and I feel at peace when I’m walking my dog in the fields near my home. I’m lucky enough to live in the countryside right now having moved from a busy city a couple of years ago!
- I have a few phobias. Wasps are my biggest nightmare and spiders aren’t far behind if they are over the size of a penny! I’m also a little bit afraid of the dark especially if the hubby is away on business and I’m alone! I’m terrified of flying and public speaking.
- My favourite films are Dirty Dancing (obvious reasons) and Walk The Line. Both are romantic and yes I am a romantic IRL. I love Walk The Line because it tells the true story of music legend Johnny Cash and his soulmate June Carter. I’m also a huge period drama fan (Pride and Prejudice anyone?).
- I’m a tiny bit OCD. I wash my hands constantly, to the point of having dry hands almost all the time. I check the kettle is switched off at the wall a couple of times before bed and I’ve been known to return home from a trip away to check I’ve unplugged the iron. I’ve since dealt with this particular issue by not ironing in the first place. I now just hang my clothes up straightaway after washing, saving me time and stopping me from breaking out into a panic over leaving the iron on.
- I really want to write a children’s fiction book one day. I grew up reading the works of Enid Blyton and thoroughly enjoyed being transported to magical worlds and reading the adventures of other children! I’m not sure that I’m capable of being the next J K Rowling, but I’d really like to have a go. My little girl loves the stories I make up for her, so I’d have at least one person who’d be interested.
Now for my nominations! I’d like to nominate:
- Lyle at The Joy of Simple
- Tonya at Budget and the Beach
- Laurie at The Frugal Farmer
- Rob at Debt Advice Blog
- Ricky at Skint Dad
- Richard at Frugality Magazine
- Deb at Debt Debs
A couple of mentions…
Just wanted to say thank you very much to Debt Free Guys who included me in their MoneyConscious Mash Up recently and Richard from Frugality Magazine who cited Disease Called Debt as one of the Best UK Personal Finance Blogs to follow. Really appreciate your support!
That’s it for today folks, hope you all have a great weekend!