If this is your first visit to Disease Called Debt, welcome! This is a personal finance blog about getting out of debt, saving money, making money and building wealth.
Until recently, debt was part of everyday life for myself and my husband. Our time spent in debt spanned 15 long years. We’ve finally succeeded in paying off our debt and you can read all about how we did it here on this site.
In addition, you’ll find lots of articles about why and how you should kick your own debt to the kerb along with ways you can save money and earn extra money to help you achieve your financial goals.
To help you navigate Disease Called Debt, here are a few sections you may be interested in looking at first:
- Our Debt Story – here you can read all about how my hubby and I got into debt (twice).
- How We Paid Off Our Debt of £41,489 ($62K) – the nitty gritty details of how we cleared our huge debtload.
- Debt Success Stories – these are interviews from real people who have been successful in getting their debt paid off. If you’re looking for inspiration this is a great start. If these people can do it, so can you!
- Information on paying off debt – My thoughts on getting out of debt – informal debt advice, the good, the bad and everything in between.
- How to make extra money – there are so many ways you can boost your income and this section will give you tons of ideas.
- Ways to save money – on household bills and general living costs.
- My eBooks – I have three eBooks on Amazon on the topics of getting out of debt and earning money from home.
- Interested in advertising on this site? Check out this page.
Please stay a while and have a look around! Whether you have any questions, feedback or just want to chat about your own money matters, I’d really like to hear from you.
*Photo courtesy of Flickr